DEATH RACE is a next generation endurance race based on Grind Fest. This year, it will take place on The Loop on held Saturday, February 20th at an undisclosed time.. The race is a progression run starting at a set pace and gradually increasing per lap until only one person can hang.
- During COVID, at most twelve runners may race per Pack.
- One Pack races at a time.
- Laps must be run at The Loop clockwise.
- Packs will do a three lap warmup together at an easy pace.
- Upon starting the fourth lap, The Pack must be running at its target pace.
- Failure for any runner to stay with The Pack during a lap results in a warning. This is at a Judge’s discretion.
- Each lap must be completed four seconds faster than the previous.
- Running more than four seconds too fast or too slow results in a warning for the lap leaders in The Pack.
- Any runner that finishes behind pace and is separated from The Pack is immediately disqualified.
- Once The Pack is down to two runners, any Judge may ring the final Death Knell. Once the Death Knell is rung, then runners must race a final lap.
There will be at least three Packs at 6:30, 6:00, and 5:45 pace. This is all tentative until race time.